Lowongan Kerja ActiveUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP) BUDGET MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE for Environment Unit.
“UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”In line with the Government of Indonesia’s priorities, the Environment Unit provides support on programming, mobilizing funding, M&E and backstopping the Government in implementing projects and programmes. To this end, the Environment Unit’s portfolio covers a vast range of issues including renewable energy, energy efficiency, access to energy, phasing-out of ozone depleting substances with high global warming potential, Green Economy modelling, natural resource management, environmental governance, climate change expenditure review, and climate change adaptation, among others.To be able to carry out the work properly, the unit requires strong support in terms of Financial and Administration. Under the supervision of the Programme Finance Associate/ Programme Manager, the Budget Management Associate support is needed to ensure that projects are properly managed in the Environment Unit. The main role of the Budget Management Associate is to support delivery of the programme/projects by entering and managing project data into UNDP’s corporate systems and providing daily technical/financial support to programme/project implementation according UNDP rules and regulations.The incumbent will also conduct project quality assurance, and deal with relevant operational issues including support to regular monitoring. The Budget Management Associate may also supervise clerical and support staff. The Associate will work in close collaboration with the project teams, operations units, and programme staff in the Country Office (CO) to resolve complex finance-related issues and to ensure adequate exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides effective support to management of the budget and financial management of the projects within the cluster assigned focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective support to the Technical/Project Manager in putting together background information to assist in drafting project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals, etc.;
- Effective support to the management, accounting and administration of budgets for the CO programme in general and for specific projects in Environment Unit;
- Timely creation of project Award IDs in Atlas, as needed;
- Preparation and timely submit budget revisions to Finance Resource Management Unit (FRMU).
- Timely data collection to support project monitoring, including the delivery of project outputs against resources utilized; determination of unutilized funds, proper operational and financial close of projects.
- Provision of financial administrative support to regularly update the project management module in UNDP’s enterprise resource planning system (‘Atlas’). This data helps UNDP to report on its Country Programme Action Plan and contribution to the UN Partnership Development Framework (UNPDF) within Indonesia;
- Update database of active development partners, donors and private sector actors in Indonesia, relating to projects in the Environment Unit.
- Provision of finance-related guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
2. Provides effective accounting and administrative support to the portfolio in general and to specific projects within the cluster assigned, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective and timely Monitoring of NIM projects’ FACE Forms, Financial Reports and the supporting documents from implementing partners against agreed annual work plan
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development of projects as well as register of goods received.
- Timely and accurate support for the portfolio in general and to specific projects within the cluster assigned in creating vouchers, issuing requisitions, budget checking and receipting in Atlas.
- Effective and timely monitoring of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and follow-up with partners on contributions.
- Provision of administrative support for presentation of the project to the Project Appraisal Committee. Assistance with the finalization of the donor contribution agreements;
- Provision of financial administrative support for regular project board sessions to review progress against deliverables and targets;
- Provision of financial management support for regular project assurance monitoring and actively participate in discussions to identify project operational and financial problems, development of solutions;
- Effectively support project documentation, ensuring all project documents are available and updated in both hard and electronic.
3. Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Structured documentation of all information and communication with donors regarding financial, budget and other relevant work plans
- Proper management and administration of budgets, regular monitoring for the mobilized resources
within the assigned cluster and regularly oversee financial monitoring/spot checking of implementing partner and/or responsible party
- Timely review of contribution agreements, and ensure accurate recording of contributions
- Preparation of financial reports for donors according to donor’s requirements and schedule of reporting.
- Provision of advice and updated reviews of the overall budgetary and financial situation of development projects, including resource mobilization and expenditures status and performance vis-à-vis targets.
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training sessions for the operations/projects staff within the unit
- Synthesis and documentation of lessons learned and best practices in project support management
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
All ATLAS-related functions performed by the incumbent should be done in line with segregation of duties under prevailing Internal Control Framework5. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
Building Partnerships Maintaining information and databases
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting).
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Client Orientation Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management Gathering and disseminating information
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making;
- Conflict resolving skills to manage gender barriers and gender blind behaviors within the project and with partners;
- Communication skills to exchange information, and key ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps others to understand and retain messages about gender equality and parity;
- Team and partnership building: Working in teams and empowering project staff to create an enabling gender equality environment on non-hierarchical bases;
- Development and operational effectiveness: Effective leadership and process management for gender equality (team work, goal setting, time management, priority setting, meeting management, etc).
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in financial management, preferably in the field of development for candidates with Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years for candidates with Diploma.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
Klik link bawah ini untuk melamar.