MER Coord YEE Program.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is currently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. With the clear goal to reach 1,000,000 girls as beneficiaries, YPII needs robust monitoring and evaluation framework in place, supported by technically capable personnel who are motivated to focus on measuring the impact of YPII Programme to children (boys and girls equally) and their community.
In view of the above, the M&E coordinator will be hold responsibility to ensure that the M&E framework is in place, functional and utilized to gather evidence on how well YPII programmes and projects are on track to achieve their results.
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder reports to Programme Director.
- Coordinate the M&E framework development and support to Country Office, Programme Implementation Area, programmes, projects and humanitarian responses.
- Liaise with Programme/Project Manager to supervise and provide oversight of the work of M&E consultants and implementing partners, to ensure linkage to YPII M&E framework and Plan International standards and guidelines for Programming and Influencing.
- Play a key role in ensuring timely monitoring and evaluation on programmes and projects, coordination of monitoring activities and baseline data collection and submission of YPII quarterly and annual report.
- Represent YPII in exchange of information and community of practice forums and events at National, Regional and Global level as requested by Programme Director.
- Unless there are specific projects and grants for M&E, this position does not have budget portfolio to manage.
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Supports the development of YPII Office M&E framework and Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), liaise and coordinate with Programme and Project Manager to ensure that Programmes/Projects M&E Framework, ITT and quarterly as well as annual plan are in place based on the Programme/Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), provide support and mentoring as necessary to achieve this to Programme/Project Team.
- Leads the development of monitoring and evaluation plans as well as tools of YPII programmes and projects, ensuring quality of baseline data, availability of risks registry, monitoring activities and evaluability criteria as per the programmes/projects theory of change, gender transformative approach, CS4 and Plan International Area of Global Distinctiveness (AoGDs).
- Conducts and/or provides support to programmes/projects monitoring activities as requested by Programme Managers, including support to select M&E consultants and provide mentoring to implementing partners.
- Works under the technical supports from Research and Knowledge Management (RKM) Specialist/Manager to provide oversight to programmes and projects research tools and analysis for M&E.
Quality Monitoring and Evaluation Reporting
- Collects and coordinate data collection required for timely submission of M&E reports of programme and projects for CO quarterly and annual report to Regional and Global Hub, Donors and NOs.
- Supports and provides inputs for programme/projects and humanitarian response’s data collection and analysis for donor reporting.
- Ensures the utilization of PROMPT or any IT-based platform for M&E is well developed and functional to generate timely report
Knowledge Management and Outreach
- Provides capacity building and mentoring for YPII Staff on M&E, focusing on quality of data collection and tools to capture change to monitor/track programme and project impacts to reach national target of 1 million girls.
- Actively involves in Plan International Regional and Global Hub exercise to strengthen MERKM tools, ensuring knowledge sharing and cascade of information to CO, PSO and PIA on Plan International standards and guidelines on M&E.
- Participates in M&E related events to present YPII as requested by supervisor to establish networks and learn from M&E community of practice.
Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Programme Director/Head of MER/Program Quality Support: direct report for ITT and M&E Framework for Country Office;
- Programme Manager/Project Manager: provide technical support, mentoring and capacity building to ensure M&E Framework implementation, timely submission of quarterly and annual report;
- Research and Knowledge Manager/Specialist: liaise and coordinate for technical support to ensure quality of data collection and tools;
- Program Development Manager/Specialist: support the development of M&E framework for concept note and grant proposal development;
- PIA/PSO: technical support for M&E framework development, utilization of data for knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of grant as well as sponsorship projects and activities;
- ARO and GH M&E Department: liaise and provide requested support, knowledge sharing and report on the implementation of MERL Framework to ensure compliance with Plan International standard.
- Implementing partners: provide support and capacity building to monitor and track progress against target and indicators as per project M&E
- M&E Consultants: assess and review deliverables to ensure quality
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor degree in social science, statistics, development management and any related field
- At least 3 years of experience in project M&E, with practical knowledge on Results Based Management and Theory of Change. Experience in working on M&E focusing on economic empowerment is an advantage.
- Well informed on the trends and development in M&E, evaluation for impact and state-of-the-art methodology for measuring development projects (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Possess knowledge and skill in research methodology and data collection for baseline and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management and learning process
- Good analytical skill
- Well informed about methods to capture change/results of project implementation
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Possess good judgement to deal with conflict
- Able to work both in team and independently with minimum supervision
- Masters/postgraduate degree in statistics and/or social science
- Over 5 years of experience working on M&E
- Knowledge on IT-based/Management Information Systems for M&E
- Experience in M&E for development projects focusing on humanitarian response and/or public health, water and sanitation and gender equality
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Based at CO, PSO or PIA office with at least 40% travel to projects areas, government offices and partner organization both in office, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of contact with childreN
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click Apply Now not later than July 10, 2020
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Untuk Melamar Kerja sebagai MER Coord YEE Program