Informasi Lowongan kerja Outreach and Monitoring Technical Officer for JMT (deadline extended) – Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
together, and sharing a future vision” and this strategic partnership will be enduring. Japan has been a major
development partner and contributor for more than three decades to the political, economic and social
development of ASEAN.
The Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF) was officialy established in March 2006, based on the pledge
from then Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi at the Ninth ASEAN-Japan Summit held in December
2005 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to assist the integration of ASEAN through the ASEAN-Japan cooperation
JAIF aims at supporting integration efforts to create the ASEAN Community by facilitating the practical
adoption of the three blueprints for the ASEAN Community, the ASEAN Political Security Community (APSC),
ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC), as well as the Initiative
for ASEAN Integration Work Plan III that focuses on narrowing development gaps among ASEAN Member
States and promoting greater cooperation between ASEAN and Japan.
ASEAN and the Government of Japan (GOJ) agreed to set up JAIF Management Team (JMT) at the ASEAN
Secretariat (ASEC) in Jakarta in February 2011 to enhance ef ective utilization of JAIF in support of ASEAN
Community building and integration ef orts.
Specifically, the roles of the JMT include but not limited to:
1) To be a contact point for general enquiries from proponents;
2) To assist in formulating and reviewing project proposals; provide input to improve proposals on financial
and procedural matters, in close coordination with proponents, the GOJ and the relevant Officers of the
3) To monitor the progress in JAIF supported projects and keep track of the progress by updating JAIF
Supported Project Matrix and JAIF database on a monthly basis; and
4) To update financial balance of JAIF on a monthly basis.
Page 1 of4
The JMT reports to the ASEAN Japan Joint Cooperation Committee Working Group (AJJCC-WG).
Qualified Indonesian Citizens or ASEAN Nationals who are currently employed with an authorized working
permit in Indonesia are invited to apply for the advertised position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The TECHNICAL OFFICER (OUTREACH AND MONITORING) shall be ASEC Officer-level position to assist
the Senior Programme Officer (Outreach and Monitoring)/Programme Coordinators in handling all aspects
of JMT activities particularly in the areas of outreach and monitoring. The Technical Officer (Outreach and
1. Provide technical coordination and support primarily with respect to the outreach and monitoring activities
for JAIF Programmes/Projects including the development of JAIF Website and monitoring knowledge
2. Provide support in managing the day-to-day data update of the JAIF Programmes/Projects, including the
preparation of monthly JAIF Matrix and update of JAIF Project Status Database and JAIF Monitoring and
Evaluation (M&E) Database.
3. Provide support in developing and preparing the JAIF monitoring knowledge products including
assistance during actual onsite activities such as data col ection.
4. Support the preparation required for meetings, events, and deployment of the prospective external
consultants involved in outreach and monitoring related activities of JAIF Programmes/Projects:
- Coordinate with the concerned ASEC Divisions, Proponents/Implement Agencies and
- Facilitate and provide primary technical support and coordination for the relevant activities;
- Monitor and fol ow-up the progress of relevant activities; and
- Maintain documentation and record, check the accuracy and completeness of relevant
5. Perform other relevant duties commensurate with the post and as assigned by the Director and/or higher
authorities of the JMT.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree in an area relevant to programme management or
development assistance with minimum four (4) years of experiences with programme management
and/or outreach activities in international/regional agencies or government setting. Solid
understanding of international and regional issues, knowledge of ASEAN programmes and
ASEAN-Japan strategic relations is an advantage.
Page 2 of4
- Demonstrable experience in handling of database such as the storage, management and
dissemination of information.
- Ability to undertake field missions.
- Experiences conducting training or presentations and developing communication products in
- Experiences in supporting the process and/or analysis of primary and secondary data from
development projects would be required.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills in English and sound
interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where
relevant to the position.
- Experiences in working for JAIF related programs/projects will be an asset.
Remuneration and Benefits:
An attractive lump-sum remuneration will be of ered commensurate with experience and qualification of
The successful candidate will initial y be contracted until 31 December 2024, subject to a six-month
probation period. Renewal of contract beyond 31 December 2024 will be subject to continuation of the
project to be agreed by ASEAN Member States and the Government of Japan taking into account
satisfactory performance of the Appointee and agreement among the Government of Japan, ASEAN
Secretariat, and Appointee. Successful candidate is expected to be on-board as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send your application to ighlighting your suitability and potential contribution to
the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true
copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Outreach and Monitoring Technical Officer
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 17 January 2020.The Selection Committee’s
Klik LAMAR untuk melamar di Association of Southeast Asian Nations menjadi Outreach and Monitoring Technical Officer for JMT (deadline extended).