Informasi Lowongan kerja Poverty Eradication and Gender Officer – Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
Rp. 11.611.000 per bulan
promoting regional cooperation in Southeast Asia, in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby
contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region. ASEAN comprises ten (10) countries
in Southeast Asia. It was proclaimed a Community through the “Kuala Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN
2025: Forging Ahead Together”, signed by the Leaders of ASEAN Member States at the 27th ASEAN
Summit in 2015. The ASEAN 2025 calls for the ASEAN Community to forge ahead together, and to
work towards building a community that is politically cohesive, economically integrated and socially
The ASEAN Secretariat was established in 1976 by the Foreign Ministers of ASEAN with the basic
function of providing greater efficiency in the coordination of ASEAN organs and for more effective
implementation of ASEAN projects and activities. It is also envisioned to be the nerve center of a
strong and confident ASEAN Community that is globally respected for acting in full compliance with
its Charter and in the best interest of its people.
In line with the ASEAN 2025 and the key aspirations of the three ASEAN Community pillars, namely:
Political Security Community, Economic Community and Socio-Cultural Community, supported by the
Department of Community and Corporate Affairs, the ASEAN Secretariat is inviting qualified
Indonesian citizens or ASEAN Nationals who are currently residing and recruited in Indonesia to apply
for the position of Poverty Eradication and Gender Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director/Head of Poverty Eradication and Gender Division, the Officer shall
be responsible to:
1. Provide administrative support for the Division in the areas of the promotion and protection
of the rights of women and children, women empowerment and gender equality, social
welfare and development of vulnerable groups, rural development and poverty eradication,
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Complementarities Initiative.
- Assist in liaising with the project proponents, consultants or implementing agency for project
coordination and implementation.
- Support and assist with the update and monitoring of the development and finalisation of the
strategic plans/ programmes/proposals.
2. Assist in disbursing and reporting of project funds
- Assist in the process of receiving and disbursing funds within a dedicated trust.
- Assist with the reporting on disbursement of funds.
- Liaise with the Finance and Budget Division.
- Assist with monitoring the status of project funds from donors according to planned/ estimated
costing of activities, and the status of the Project Financial Report.
3. Provide technical and administrative assistance to the relevant ASEAN bodies of the
ASEAN Socio Cultural Community (ASCC) with respect to meetings.
- Support in contributing to the ASEAN sectoral bodies with respect to their meetings by
ensuring the development and production of documentation and written materials related to
the meeting, such as agenda, information papers, concept papers, and other communication
- Compile and/or provide (filing) the relevant document such as briefing notes, talking points
and presentations for the meetings.
- Assist with the drafting of meeting and/or mission reports.
- Assist with the coordination of follow-up actions and decisions with relevant internal and
4. Assist in facilitating requests from the ASEAN Member States, Dialogue Partners and
International Organizations as required
- Assist in providing timely and prompt update and responses to queries from the Member
States and external sources with respect to ASEAN Cooperation with regard to the areas
under purview of the Division.
- Support in the preparation and submission to relevant Divisions within the ASEAN Secretariat
the up-to-date information on the ASEAN Cooperation with regard to areas under purview of
the Division, with the Head of the Division informed of the essential developments.
- Assist in the preparation of information, materials and publications for public dissemination
through the ASEAN Website and other means in consultation with Community Relations
Division and other relevant ASEAN Secretariat directorates and divisions to raise higher
profile of the ASEAN Cooperation in Social and Human Development, in realising the ASEAN
Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC).
- Maintain and update database of focal points and projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Economics or an appropriate related field; or Bachelor’s
degree with a minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience in a recognized specialized
- High-level technical skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, planning and the development of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate staff, and work effectively with people at all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise multi tasks and work flows, with proven ability for
accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound oral communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders and
interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where
relevant to the position.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of IDR 11,611,000 and attractive remuneration
package including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement,
hospitalisation & life insurance, annual bonus of a month’s basic salary, and gratuity. Subject to good
performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years,
inclusive of the 6-month probationary period.
How to apply
Send your application to ighlighting your suitability and potential contribution
to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and
transcripts, and complete ASEC Employment Application Form attached with recent
photograph. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Poverty Eradication & Gender Officer.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 3 February 2020. The Selection
Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- ASEC Employment Form can be downloaded at
- ASEAN Secretariat staff shall not be retained in active service beyond the age of 60 years. Age shall
Klik LAMAR untuk melamar di Association of Southeast Asian Nations menjadi Poverty Eradication and Gender Officer.