Lowongan Kerja RedR Indonesia RedR Indonesia – Project Technical Advisor.
Position Title: Project Technical Advisor (INDONESIAN NATIONAL ONLY)
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Job Status: Full time, 9 – 5
Contract duration: 9 month (extendable)
Duty Station: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Start Date: 10 June 2019
Detail information: bit.ly/TechnicalAdvisorRedR
How to apply
The Project Technical Advisor will be entitled to annual leave, sick leave, THR as according to RedR policy.
About RedR Indonesia
RedR Indonesia is an emerging humanitarian agency working for improving emergency relief. RedR Indonesia is part of the international RedR network of accredited organisations, each sharing a common vision and mission.
Our aims are to provide sufficient, competent and effective relief personnel to the front-line and provide personnel to local and international relief agencies whenever required; to improve and maintain the competence of relief personnel; to cooperate and work with other agencies in maintaining the availability of trained and competent relief personnel; and to increase humanitarian response capacity in Indonesia through providing people with internationally recognised training and access to international experience.
We believe that suffering caused by disasters can be reduced by selecting, training and providing competent and committed personnel to humanitarian programs across the world. RedR is also represented in the UK, India, Australia, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit our website http://www.redr.or.id/
RedR Indonesia in partnership with the BPBD Sleman and Forum PRB DIY with the support from UNICEF is commencing a project called “Update Merapi Contingency Plan of Sleman District, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta”. The project aims to explore good practices and future preparedness challenges in facing possible threats of Merapi which is developed based on empirical studies on the field.
This project is expected to be able to support and improve the harmonisation and coordination mechanisms among BPBD Sleman and other stakeholders (FPRB, NGO, PMI, University, etc.) in preparedness for Merapi’s potential eruptions. The project will also receive guidance from national authorities (Kemensos, BNPB and other related government institutions at national level) and in turn will provide necessary recommendations for policy and methodology improvement as appropriate to those authorities.
The Project Technical Advisor is responsible to lead the implementation of a nine-months project and to ensure the objectives and outputs of the project are met. S/he should work closely with RedR Indonesia key stakeholders including BPBD Sleman and FPRB DIY to achieve all deliverables set in the contract. The duty station is Yogyakarta.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and indirect supervision of the Deputy Director of RedR Indonesia, the Project Technical Advisor shall be responsible for the following duties:
Ensure proper oversight of project activities and results
- Provide advice to plan the contingency plan activities and monitor progress in achieving results at the output and outcome levels
- Develop an effective monitoring and evaluation systems for regular reporting to RedR Indonesia and UNICEF and other relevant partners
- Provide advice and direction on strategic and policy issues and ensure children sensitive activities are integrated in the project plan and implementation strategy;
- Continuously review the project status and provide strategic and policy advice to the RedR Indonesia on required follow up and/or corrective action
Provide technical guidance for the overall management and administration of the project
- Provide technical advice in implementing indicators as set in programme document
- Ensure a proportional approach, cohesion and coordination between different project activities
- Provide technical advice on child-centred DRR base on UNICEF’s DRR goals and as according to applicable laws and regulations in Indonesia
- Address obstacles and challenges identified in the project implementation
- Ensure good coordination
and collaboration with partners, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders.
Provide policy advice and technical support to BPBD Sleman and other partners on Merapi’s Contingency Plan
- Provide strategic policy advice to BPBD Sleman, UNICEF, FPRB and other partners on issues related to the contingency plan and child-centred DRR
- As required, represent the project in national fora/discussions on the contingency plan and child-centred DRR;
- Provide substantive inputs to government institution at national level e.g.Kemendesa related to village funds, Kemendagri for minimum service standard (SPM); BNPB for updating national contingency plan and their instrument.
Ensure knowledge management to build the capacity and knowledge of district, provincial and national counterparts:
- Promote the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned from the project for organizational sharing and learning as well as external information
- Create a culture of knowledge sharing and learning in the project
- Identify and assist in recruitment of relevant expertise needed for delivery of project objectives
- Support capacity-building of national district, provincial and national counterpart
The Project Technical Advisor will
- Ensure overall effective and efficient management of the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and maintain an accountable internal system for project management
- Prepare regular project updates
- Supervise the project team
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the project deliverables including preparing and updating (if necessary) of work plans and organising capacity development workshops and training for humanitarian actors
- Perform other relevant duties as required by immediate supervisor
- Relevant academic background (Master’s degree in development studies, governance or other relevant fields (relevant experience may substitute relevant degree)
Skills & Competencies
- 5 years’ experience in humanitarian sector
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Ability to perform complex tasks and act upon priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment
- Confirmed communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated autonomy, motivation and commitment; ability to deliver within deadlines
- Multi-tasking skills
- Leadership: Ability to translate plans into actions ensuring that outcomes are clearly communicated both orally and in writing, and that outcomes are monitored and reviewed as they are implemented by colleagues;
- People development: Ability to develop the competencies required by staff to deliver high quality work and maintain good relationships with others;
- Planning and organising: Ability to establish a coherent course of action to achieve goals – planning, organising, monitoring, reviewing and controlling skills;
- Effective team building skills: Ability to hold inclusive team meetings, leading and ensuring agreed action plans are followed up and completed;
- Mentoring: Ability to provide supervision as well as provide effective coaching and mentoring to the staff reporting under him/her;
- Coaching and counselling skills: Ability to understand the difference between the two and to know which the most appropriate response is in dealing with an employee
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and self-managing
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow
- Willingness and ability to travel (nationally or internationally) for work
- Openness to work in an inclusive and diverse office environment with people of all races, religion, gender, etc
Applicants with the following experiences, or similar backgrounds, are especially desirable
- Experience in developing contingency plan
- Looking for long term relationship and to grow with organisation
RedR Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer with positive discrimination policies to ensure opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or creed and those with functioning limitations (persons with disabilities).
Klik link bawah ini untuk melamar.